Individuals affiliated with any African National Park are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to individuals affiliated with Zambian National Parks, particularly individuals and/or their families residing within the national park.
Individuals can apply for funds that contribute to a wide range of goals including but not limited to the following:
- Wildlife Management-related course, certificate, diploma, and/or degree program
- Non-wildlife management course, certificate, diploma, and/or degree program so long as the applicant can justify that their training, etc. will be used in some way to help better the national park and/or the community living there.
- Secondary school fees for family members
- Creative training program or any new but well-formulated idea that helps increase the protection and/or well-being of animals in the national park
- Small construction or other self-contained projects that will improve Grade 1-8 educational efforts within the national park
Applicants may be of any age (young applicants can have their parents or teacher assist them in completing the application). Preference will go to applicants with:
- An idea (no matter how big or small) that will directly OR indirectly help make the national park and the communities living within them a better place.
- Ideas that will cost less than $2500 to implement and/or complete
- Ideas that will cost more than $2500 to implement and/or complete, but applicants have either saved all necessary funds above this amount themselves or they have been promised these additional funds by another sponsor
- Preference may be given to applicants deemed more in need of the funds
- Awardees may be asked to help solicit and/or advise future applicants
Click the link below to download and save the most recent Fellowship application. Applicants can submit their applications in one of the following ways:
- Print the application, complete it by hand, scan it in, and send it to email@example.com
- Save the application for reference and answer the questions in a separate typed document (making sure to rewrite or number the questions before answering them). Then, send this new document, along with a scanned copy of the last application page for a signature, and to firstname.lastname@example.org
2024 WEFA Fellowship Application
The 2024 Fellowship application cycle will close on January 1, 2024. Please apply using the 2024 application.